The coronavirus pandemic caused temporary business closures across the country. The government had to take extreme precautionary measures to contain and eliminate the threat of this pandemic. Now businesses owners are waiting for these restrictions to be reduced so they can reopen their respective businesses.
Even after the restrictions are lifted and businesses are allowed to operate again there will certain precautionary measure that will become a part of the daily operations.
Some of the negative effects that businesses have faced due to these closures are:
- Operation Reduction
- Decrease In Income
- Maintenance Costs during the closure
- Restarting Costs
- Maintaining Good Hygiene Practice
If your business is looking for the safest and most effective method to reopen and operate in the post the coronavirus pandemic, Initial Hygiene has compiled top 3 expert tips that you should follow to ensure that your staff and visitors are completely safe.
1. Visitor & Staff Hygiene
The Coronavirus pandemic has taught us the importance of following proper hand hygiene. When businesses reopen and things go back to normal it is still recommended to abide by proper hand hygiene practices for extra protection.
If your business was not equipped with proper hand hygiene equipment before this pandemic then it is very important that it invests in professional hygiene products that are designed to kill bacteria. When your staff and visitors return to work, they should have access to hand hygiene products at all times to minimise the risk of future transmissions.
Investing In Professional Hygiene Services
- Hand Hygiene: Professional handwashing equipment such as soaps and dispensers are a must.
- Sanitisers: Alcohol-based non-touch sanitisers will successfully eliminate germs and viruses.
- Air Fresheners: Foul-smelling washrooms and businesses have a negative impact on your reputation. Proper air fresheners should be installed in your business washrooms.
- Waste Bins: Undisposed waste can cause serious illness to people. Professionally treated waste bins are important to hygienically dispose of any contained waste in your business.
- Sanitary Waste Collection: Feminine Hygiene in the workplace should never be overlooked and proper provisions should be available at all times for the hygienic disposal of sanitary waste. It is ideal to invest in quality no-touch sanitary bins for extra protection.
2. Disinfect Entire Business Premises
Before reopening your business it is best to completely disinfest the entire business premises to eliminate viral pathogens left. Even after your business is back in operation, it is still advisable to have regular disinfection of your entire premises.
This will reduce any future transmissions and keep your business completely protected from viruses.
Areas To Look Out For
To be 100% free of viral pathogens it is good to disinfect some of the below-mentioned areas.
- Business premises
- Common touchpoints such as lifts buttons, desks, computer screens, door-knobs, etc
- Common vehicle touchpoints (applicable to businesses that operate using vehicular fleets.)
- External public places.
Specialist Disinfection Service
Rentokil Specialist Disinfection Services is providing protective support to essential businesses in the country during the coronavirus crisis. Our specialists are trained and equipped with PPE & RPE that will disinfect your entire property and eliminate viruses.
We are equipped to disinfect any type of business premises from external to internal disinfection as well as vehicle disinfection to your delivery fleets.
3. Pest Control Post Coronavirus
Pests can infest businesses that have been closed during this lockdown and owners can expect a serious pest infestation because their business premises are left without any activity and unguarded from pests.
When the restrictions are over the summer months will be upon us and that can lead an increase in pest activity. The last thing your business needs after reopening is a warning from the health and safety authority due to an uncontrolled infestation in your business.
Having proper pest control also ensure that there are no hygiene compromises in your premises because pests are known to harbour and transmit diseases.
Pests To Watch Out For:
- Rodents: Rats and mice can infesting vacant business properties in search of food and shelter. Not sure how to get rid of rodents from your business? Check for any rodent droppings on your premises as they may cause a business closure if inspected Food and Safety Regulation. Rentokil PestConnect can help protect your premises 24/7 and stay ahead of pest problems.
- Ants: Ants are on the rise during the summer months. They can cost you money and harm your reputation. Premises like pubs, restaurants, hospitals, offices, warehouses and other buildings that store food and water are at risk of an ant infestation.
- Wasps: Wasps are most active in the warm and summer months, creating wasp nests and stinging anyone that comes close to it.
- Flies: Flies can spread diseases like Salmonella and E-coli by contaminating your food. It is recommended to get rid of a fly problem as soon as they are identified. To avoid any fly problems that can damage your business reputation, you should install electric fly killers which will attract, catch and kill flies quickly, discreetly and effectively.
It is important that when your business reopens it follows new and improved hygiene protocols, It is beneficial to prepare and plan ahead to minimise business & reputation loss. Rentokil Initial is here 24/7 to help you take the first steps back into the normal world.
If you are looking to get back into business post coronavirus, Get in touch with our local experts to see how we can help you stay protected.
Leave a Reply